Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hop Hop Hop, Sell Sell Sell

Lent always reminds me years past more so than other holidays like Christmas.  It's always a journey.   Sometimes it feels really rewarding.  Sometimes it is a time that is really tough on me.  I lose parts of my faith I was hoping to strengthen.  Its in those times when you need to recognize God's love for you, and his willingness to be there for you.

This Lent has not gotten off to a good start.  I missed mass on Ash Wednesday because I flew out to Columbus for an Ohio State recruiting trip.  Then I missed church on Sunday because I was at a farm conference.  The trip to Ohio was really needed for me to regroup.  All the emotional stress I have been feeling has weighed me down spiritually and physically.  I just want to be happy again.

Thankfully, I am blessed with a large network of family and friends to give me support. My friend Chuck texted me yesterday saying 'Hop Hop Hop, Sell Sell Sell'.  It is the phrase we used to hear at HFS during the Gorant's candy sale.  I laughed really hard and almost cried because I remember how simple life used to be back then.  Just being a kid.  I feel like we are all kids, just our bodies grow up. That doesn't mean people should be or are all immature.  I have met children 7 or 8 years old that are stronger than I will ever be.

It's moments like that where I get sentimental.  I feel like my life is more fulfilling when I am trying to get back to the days of being a kid...

No comments:

Post a Comment